Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Laddoo is a Giant Squid



Yes. Finally. I have made it to Giant Squid.

What does Giant Squid mean to me?
Becoming a Giant was a massive inspiration towards building more and more lenses. Not just the number, but the quality of those lenses were important too. After a couple of gruelling months, with some excellent coaching from Team WiWon, I managed to complete those 50 lenses. It wasn't without any hiccups though. I had 34 lenses to build in those two months and I built only 10 in August. September however saw me through with as many of 19 of my lenses coming in the last week.

But all's well that ends well. The joy of seeing that mail in the Inbox at 5 am in the morning was even more exhilarating. I didn't think I would go for Club 100 in this quarter, but just seeing that purple badge make me want to do more. This will be tough quarter for me with my regular work peaking in December, but I am going to give my best shot.

Giant Squid Achieved. Time to go for Club 100!
Twit This! Add to Google Reader or Homepage

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Laddoo! You did an excellent job and whether or not you make Top 100 in the next round or the one after doesn't matter. It's the ongoing learning that's important. Now, you know you CAN make that many lenses and that's HUGE.

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Erica - for your constant support and encouragement. I have to thank you in a big manner - since my lenses wouldn't look half as impressive if it weren't for those fantastic tutorial lenses that you created!

    Oh Yea..Congrats on making Club 100. May you go on to make more than 500 lenses!!

    ReplyDelete